If you’re looking for a gas smoker in which you can infuse the delicious smoked flavor into your meat, I can recommend Camp Chef SMV18. I have used this cookware and I love it because it gives a sumptuous taste to any kind of meat.
Table of Contents
- 1 Review of Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18 Gas Smoker
- 2 Review
Review of Camp Chef Smoke Vault 18 Gas Smoker
The Camp Chef SMV18 is a cooking buddy that will make smoking your favorite food more convenient. This smoker operates by using propane that’s why cleaning up isn’t a problem.
The good thing about this unit is that you can use it outdoor such as at your patio or garden.
Who or which company is behind it? This smoker is one of the products of Camp Chef.
Camp Chef SMV18’s weight about 65 pounds with a total output of 18,000 BTU/hr. The manufacturer ensures that this smoker is durable by using high quality material.
- Accurate control of smoke and heat.
- More powerful and gives quicker response when adjusting the heat.
- It is lightweight but sturdy. Excellently manufactured using high-end techniques.
- It has large cooking space making it perfect during parties.
- The push button ignition helps to start smoking immediately regardless of the weather condition outside.
- The thermostat of Camp Chef SMV18 isn’t accurate.
- It requires more assembly because the unit isn’t delivered in a ready-to-use condition.
- Minor issues such as dents should be expected due to packaging and shipment.
Key Features of the Smoke Vault 18″ Black by Camp Chef
- Two adjustable smoking racks
- One jerky smoking rack
- Water pan
- Heavy gauge steel wood chip tray
- Easy-to-read thermometer
The main advantage of choosing this smoker is the ease of use. In spite of the fact that it requires additional assembly, but once it is assembled you can expect to get the perfect taste of food that you want.
Who is This Product For?
The Camp Chef 18” is designed making it perfect for heavy duty work. If you love smoking variety of foods, this is the right product to choose. I’m serious about smoking variety of foods that’s I choose this smoker.
Key Features and Benefits of the Smoke Vault 18″
- Door thermometer – This product has built-in door thermometer that allows the user to control the entire cooking process.
- Damper valves – Another key feature of Camp Chef 18” making it easier to control the internal temperature.
- Spacious – Considering the size and weight of this smoker, I can say that it is big enough to accommodate big quantities of food.
Obviously, the main reason why many customers have bought and have used the Camp Chef SMV18 is the ease of use and assembly.
Customers love this cookware as it is very portable. This means that it is easy and convenient to move anywhere.
One customer commended this smoker and commented that it eliminates the difficulty of cleaning. It’s because the rack and the water pan are dishwasher safe.
Another buyer was attracted with the large water reservoir and durable chip pan. But, he recommends using a dual probe thermostat to measure the internal temperature of both the smoker and the meat.
FAQ & Additional Tips
Question: Is there a wireless thermostat available for Camp Chef SMV18?
Answer: Yes, there are wireless thermostat suitable for this smoker like the Maverick Wireless BBQ Thermometer set.
Question: Is it easy to maintain the internal temperature?
Answer: Consistent internal temperature is achievable after a couple of use. But, it provides better temperature management and precise temperature control.
Question: Which one is better to use, chunks or chips?
Answer: If you want to do quick smoking, you should use wood chips and on full load on the chip tray will last for 2 hours.
Upon review of Camp Chef SMV18, I can say that it is worth the money. It is the best smoker if you’re looking for a versatile and durable product.
One of the advantage of choosing this smoker is that finding replacement parts isn’t that difficult. You can buy directly from amazon.
Buying this smoker will cost you a bit more as compared to other brands of smoker, but it values your money in terms of performance, durability and functionality.