The slow cooker braised lemongrass pork chops are perfect to turn the weather warmer. The flavor of the lemongrass creates a hot and muggy taste. Combining it with other spices like ginger, garlic, cilantro and basil typifies a Vietnamese cuisine.
Knowing how to cook this dish, will make you fall in love with a Vietnamese cuisine.
- 4 pounds boneless pork loin
- ½ cup rice vinegar, unseasoned
- 2 stalks of fresh lemongrass or 3 tbsps. Lemongrass paste
- ¼ cup light brown sugar or raw sugar
- 3 tbsps. Ginger paste or grated ginger
- 8 cloves garlic or 2 tbsps. garlic paste
- 2 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 stem of fresh basil leaves
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro stalks
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce or fish sauce
How to cook:
- Rub the ingredients into the pork cubes and see to it that it is evenly coated. Put the pork cubes in the slow cooker and set it on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours, enough to make the pork tender.
- Transfer the pork by using tongs to a mixing bowl.
- Pour the cooking juices in a saucepan and bring to boil until it becomes dark and the aroma comes out.
- Shred the pork cubes using fork and pour the sauce over the pork until it is coated.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
- Trimming the fat off from the large slabs can make the shredding process less labor intensive. You can also opt to a slab of fat on top of the pork loin to achieve a more succulent dish. Otherwise, you can omit the fat is you want a leaner product.
- If the pork cubes are thick, you should slice them. This way you can ensure that they cook evenly at the same rate.
The good thing about this dish is that all the ingredients are giving healthy benefits. That’s why you can ensure that even if you indulge in it, there’s nothing to worry about.