Traeger company is well-known in the grilling and smoking industry. They have manufactured and introduced in the market the very first grill in 1990s.
The company name is associated to quality, dependability and durability.
Due to market-wide demands, they decided to produce in wide scale to meet the demands of the consumers.
There are several reasons why you should choose Traeger grills such as healthy cooking, versatility, taste and safety.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Are the Best Features of a Traeger Grills?
- 1.1 Top Rated Traeger grill
- 1.2 #1 – Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill
- 1.3 #2 – Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill
- 1.4 Verdict
What Are the Best Features of a Traeger Grills?
This is one of the best features of Traeger grills. The digital thermostat spares you from attending to it most of your time. Once you have set the required temperature, all you have to do is to wait until the meat is done.
Easy to start
Using the Traeger grills is very easy and convenient. It’s also safe to start as you need not use gas or lighter fluid. By using the electric ignition, you can start the grill easily.
Putting up the grills together is never an issue. As soon as you receive the product you should read the manual and familiarize the instructions. You can assemble the unit quickly on your own.
Top Rated Traeger grill
#1 – Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill
The Traeger Junior Elite Grill is the upgraded model of the Junior Pellet Smoker. This model of Traeger grills is perfectly designed for small households, tailgating and travelling. Aside from its usability and power, the Junior Elite Grill can make your food more flavorful.
What makes the Traeger Junior stand out among other models and brands is its digital control. You can expect consistent level of temperature and you need not worry for fluctuations regardless of the weather condition. Pellets are automatically added if there’s a need to adjust the temperature.
Features of Traeger Junior Elite Grills
- Convection blower
- Digital thermostat controls
- Large cooking space
- Steel construction
- Built in auger
- Grill grate with porcelain coat
- Easy drain system
What makes the Traeger Junior Elite highly preferred?
- Digital thermostat – Many customers who have been using the Traeger Junior Elite grill commended the digital thermostat. By setting the required temperature you need not spend your time checking the food. This allows easy and consistent cooking.
- Convection blower – Through the convection blower, you can expect for consistent temperature. It’s because the hot air circulates all over the cooking chamber of the unit. The good thing is that you can choose either direct or indirect heat to cook your food. You can also ensure steady temperature.
- Cooking in Traeger Junior Elite ensures precise temperature throughout cooking duration.
- Steady temperature is maintained inside the cooking chamber.
- Starting the grill is very easy by simply pushing the button.
- The unit is made from stainless steel, thus lasts for longer time.
- It’s very easy to assemble as long as you follow the instructions.
- Poor customer support
- The consistency of performance is unpredictable
#2 – Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill
Another kitchen equipment manufactured by Traeger is the Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill. If you’re looking for a smoker that can help you make delicious wood-fired meals, this product is the best option.
What makes this pellet grills sets apart from its competitors is how it sets fire through the pellets inside the grill. This small kitchen equipment guarantees giving you mouth-watering barbecues. You can also cook your food efficiently and conveniently.
Key features of Traeger Pellets Grill BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU
- Grilling/cooking area
The grilling area of this product is around 836 square inches. It can accommodate more than 16 rib racks or 40 burgers or 12 chickens efficiently.
- Electronic automatic start
Using this smoker at home is very convenient as it features electronic auto start using 110V AC. Turning on the igniter will heat up the pellets fed onto the auger. The heat is generated through the induction fan and the auger and you can expect for even distribution of heat depending on the temperature set.
- Digital Pro controller
Temperature management plays a big role when smoking or grilling. Thus, the Digital Pro Controller installed in this product helps in maintaining the required temperature throughout the cooking process. It also gives the user full control to the desired temperature as well as the capacity of pellets fed onto the fire pot. The control settings include smoke, medium and high.
The good thing about using this pellet smoker is that it is safe for the environment. It’s because it does not yield toxins that can harm the environment.
- Putting together this pellet grill is very easy. All you have to do is to study the instructions manual and familiarize all the parts.
- It operates safely, smoothly and automatically.
- It requires least cleaning and maintenance. You can clean the unit easily and no worries for the grease drippings. The drippings flow into the drip bucket sparing the drip fan from catching fire.
- It generates precise temperature.
- Although Traeger Pellet Grills can manage the temperature, yet the heating time may take a while. This is caused by the process of heat exchange.
- Turning on the ignition can cost more on your electric bill.
Choosing the right smoker or grill that would work best for you is quiet challenging. You need to ponder several factors including the features.
The Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill is perfect for small family sizes. On the other hand, the Traeger Junior Elite is perfect for both home kitchen use and even for restaurant use.
In terms of versatility, positive points are given to Traeger Junior Elite as it can be used for grilling, smoking, roasting, braising, barbecue and even baking. It’s also perfect for outdoor cooking such as in your lawn or patio.
Both products feature temperature management system. Thus, you can expect for best results. In terms of price, the Traeger Junior is cheaper than the Traeger Pellets Grill.
Considering all the information discussed above, we can say that this product is worth buying. It gives you the opportunity to make your own smoked or grilled meals. In fact, many users have given positive reviews and high ratings about this product as they are satisfied with its performance.
Considering the reviews given by customers, we can say that some were satisfied about how the Traeger Junior Elite grills work. However, many customers were also disappointed after using the grill for a couple of time.
Over all, the Traeger Pellet Grills BBQ155.01 19.5K BTU Pellet Grill can be the best option.